- Plants Name: Chausa Mango Plant , Dasheri Mango Plant , Langda Mango Plant
- Type: Fruit
- Suitable Location: Outdoor
Chausa Aam Mango plant
The most popular variety of mango in India, which is also big on export, it is popularly known as Chaunsa, Chausa. The best variation of Alphonso mangoes is those from Ratnagiri, Maharashtra.
Mangoes are usually grown from a healthy 2 to 4 foot tall (.6 to 1.2 m) nursery tree. Buy a tree that has no sign of wounds or other damage to the trunk, particularly where the trunk meets the soil.
Choose an area of land that doesn’t bake in full sun. The tree will become very large if not pruned, so make sure it will have enough room if you plan to allow it to grow to its natural size.
You’ll need to dig a large hole that is 4 times the width and 3 times the depth of the mango tree’s container. Place the tree in the ground and use the original soil to fill the space around the roots and base of the tree. Firm the tree in with your foot to remove any air pockets and then water it well.
Unless your tree will be exposed to strong winds, there shouldn’t be a need to stake it.
You’ll need to water two times a week for the first few months of growth.
SPECIAL CHARACTER OF DASHERI MANGO – This variety derives its name from the village Dashehari near Lucknow. It is a leading commercial variety of north India and one of the best varieties of our country. The fruit size is small to medium, shape is oblong oblique and fruit colour is yellow and it have a fiberless, peach-colored flesh with a medium-size stone. The flavor is very sweet and aromatic. Fruit quality is excellent and keeping quality is good.
Mango botanically known as Mangifera indica from Anacardiaceae family. Mango have different names like King of tropical fruits, Ambassador of Indian fruits, Aam etc., Flowers produced in terminal panicles, each flower is small and white with five petals with a mild, sweet fragrance. Tropical and subtropical climate is identical for mango growth. Ideal temperature is 26℃-35℃ for optimum growth and yield of mango. Mangoes are rich source of Vitamin A & C.
MAXIMUM HEIGHT – Upto 6-8 meter, some time more or less depends on pot size and place of its location.
BLOOMING YEAR – In South India starts from November and in North India starts from February to March. It takes 100-150 days from flower to fruit development.
FRUITING TIME– Edible fruiting will start after 1.5-2 year after purchase. It starts from march and available up to mid-August.
GROWING TIPS – It grows best in moist, tropical and subtropical climates.
- If you want to grow in pot then minimum 25*25 inch of length & width and maximum size depends on you.
- You can plant at any time of the year, but most preferable time is June to July in low rainfall areas and October to November in high rainfall areas.
- It grows well in all soils but it shows good results in well drained soils with Ideal pH range is from 6.5 to 8.
- Manures and fertilizers should be applied in 2 month before the flowering seasons. Fertilizers are applied 45 to 90 cm away from the trunk.
- No watering is done 30 days before harvest.
- Mango trees need higher doses of nitrogen when young, but after they begin to bear fruit, they need less. At that time, they need higher doses of phosphorus and potassium, which promote flowering and fruiting.
- Use a commercial organic fertilizer with a high percentage of potassium, such 5-8-10, for fruit-bearing trees, or apply these nutrients with organic materials. Compost is a good organic source of both phosphorus and potassium. You can also use rock phosphate, guano, blood meal or bone meal to provide phosphorus, and seaweed to provide potassium.
Plant Name : Langra Mango Plant
Plant Height : 3 – 4 feet
Potting Medium : Potting mix
Pot : Nursery bag
|Full sun to part shade.
|When in growth water often and allow plants to remain moist. When not actively growing, water plants sparingly and allow to dry out between watering.
|Standard mix of well drained sand and peat.
|Fertilize regularly during the growing period.